Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 7 Report & Reflection

Hello fellow classmates:

This week, we learnt about a very well known platform also known as "Google Docs" I was always aware of  Google Docs but I never really took the time to learn or use the platform. I must say Google Docs is by far my favourite and the most useful in my personal life when it comes to academics. Google Docs is a free Web based application where various documents and spreadsheets can be created, edited and arranged online. Various files can be accessed from any mobile device or desktop by some login information. This tool is very user friendly, not too difficult to use. I thought it would be difficult making a presentation while communicating with group member at the same time. I basically had to learn the whole tool myself, because my group wasn't really cooperative. I had a hard time getting a hold of my group, therefore I just completed the presentation myself.

Google Docs is a very beneficial tool for my educational activities in various ways! Google Docs offers many option within one platform. I can work on document, spreadsheets, forms, drawings, and presentations. I can also share whatever it is that Im working on with other Google users online. This tools saves a lot of time. This is perfect for group assignments, because you get the option to meet your group members online and work and share the assignment at the same time. This is results in getting a lot of work done in a very efficient manner. For this weeks assignment we were asked to prepare a group presentation online using Google Docs.  With having the option to set the viewing to be public, you can link your work to your personal twitter, Blogger, Facebook and various other social media platforms. Google Docs essentially offers everything in one place whether it be presentations, word documents etc.....

Google Docs is obviously being added to my PLE under the sub category Create and Collaborate. There are many changes I would make to my PLE. I haven't still updated my PLE yet, but when I do I will remove Pintrest, TagCrowd and Popplet as those application don't come in great benefit to me academically compared to the other tools.

Week 7 has been a great week! Learning new tools that can help you work and communicate together while saving time both make it easy and expands your digital literacy as it did for myself.

This week on my daily Feedly review, I came across an article related to Google Docs. Through Google Docs Blog I learned that you can type, edit and format with the command of you voice on Google Docs. This is a new feature Google just implemented. Through the voice command technology making changes to documents, have never been any more easier. There is now no need for a keyboard and its a quick and easy way to get ideas out of your heard and onto an online platform.



Group Google Docs Collaborative Presentation:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tU-CwhaCN3RQ9ladbWeh8unoBzbhGTXax4FT6eTl790/edit#slide=id.g742e3e7cd_1_16

Thank you,
Suwattzen Nithiananthan

No comments:

Post a Comment