Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 6 Report & Reflection

Hello fellow classmates:

Week 6 has come to an end, half the course is already complete. Can you believe it?
This week we learned about a new online platform called "Evernote". You may wonder what Evernote is, not a lot of people are familiar with this online platform. Personally this was my first time getting introduced to Evernote. Evernote is an online app thats compatible with computers and smartphones that basically stores everything on an online database without losing track. Evernote is essentially an app to keep everything organized and uniform. Evernote is an amazing outlet for academic, business or personal use. Evernote is contained with many interesting features. One feature Evernote contains is that the user is able to share your personal notes through Facebook and email or a direct link to your note. You have
the option to edit or delete you notes, and you can clip videos and web clips and attach them into your notes. Evernote is an app mostly focused on keeping everything together and organized.

This tool has many more benefits other that keeping the notes organized. This tool will be very helpful for academic purposes. When it comes to hand written notes, sometimes that may be a hassle. Having all your notes on papers may get a little frustrating. In addition to that, to maintain notes that are taken on paper. With Evernote, I can type all my notes in a uniform manner and maintained all in one place. I can categorize my notes by course and various sub-categories, so when it comes to studying for a quiz or test, all related notes are a click away. Furthermore I can use specific key words to navigate through my notes. Evernote would save a lot of time when it comes to study. You can study and get more work time in an efficient manner.

I would include Evernote add this to my PLE under the sub-category Organize. The complete purpose behind Evernote is organization. This is a great tool and I am eager to use this platform to work on future assignments in my academic career. I have already shared
my Evernote with my course instructor.

This week the article I came across was Feedly related. https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/02/08/4-effective-strategies-to-organize-evernote/Through this article I learnt four effective strategies to organize notes on Evernotes. This article includes allot of smart tips to organize notes. You guys should take a look at it.




Thank you,
Suwattzen Nithiananthan

No comments:

Post a Comment