Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 10 Report & Reflection

Dear fellow classmates:

This week we were asked to create a slideshow based on Copyrights and Creative Commons. We were asked to make a creative 30 sec slide video on a preferred tool of our choice. The tool I chose to make the slideshow on the next page was ANIMOTO. I started to realize how unique Animoto was as I started to explore. Essentially, Animoto is a video slideshow tool that is created by picture, videos, texts and background music. Animoto makes slideshows more fun and creative. This tool can be used for multiple purposes whether it be, educational or even personal. You can visit my second page ANIMOTO to learn more about this tool.

These creative knowledge expression tools are different from other collaborative/communications told and collective knowledge building tool I have explored. Animoto is a perfect tool for a classroom setting to teach students visually by adding video clips and collecting classroom material and get the whole class to engage and participate. IT is very convenient if you want to share your video online for others to view. Animoto is a cool tool that contributes to my work knowledge and expanding my digital footprint and I can use this tool beyond academic purposes and for personal uses. I will personally add Animoto to my PLE under the sub category Collaborate, connect and Create. This tool is not only beneficial for educational purposes but also for personal purposes as well such as video slideshows of memories from special occasions and more. 

I came across a very interesting article regarding Animoto on Feedly. 5 Reasons to Use Animoto Video In Your Classroom; This article essentially talks about the importance of using videos in a classroom. There are five reasons as to why we should use videos produced by Animoto in class rooms. Firstly independent and active learning. Secondly; differentiated instructions, thirdly; real world applications, fourthly; student engagement and lastly peer collaborations.


Thank you,
Suwattzen Nithiananthan 

No comments:

Post a Comment